History

It all began in November 1945 with just one sewing machine in the kitchen of husband and wife team, Florent De Corte and Anna Cobbaut. The company “De Corte-Cobbaut” was born and the clothes bore the brand name “La Samaritaine”. In the early years, the company made so-called “linen ware” an umbrella term that included shirts and pyjamas. It was not long before the first employees were recruited.

In 1948, they moved to a new building at their current location, which has since been expanded several times.

See photosClose photos